The Maelstrom is to Become a Whimsical Ride Through the World of Frozen
The Past and Recent of the Maelstrom
"You are not the first to pass this way, nor shall you be the last. Those who seek the spirit of Norway face peril and adventure. But more often find beauty and charm. We have always lived with the sea, so look first to the spirit of the seafarer."
What Will the Future Hold?
- "The new attraction, which replaces Maelstrom, will take our guests to Arendelle and immerse them in many of their favorite moments and music from the film. The pavilion will also include a royal greeting location where Anna and Elsa can meet our guests. We think these “Frozen” elements are great compliments to the Norway Pavilion, which showcases the country and region that inspired the film."-Tom Staggs, Disney Parks President
- Well obviously it is going to be themed after and about Disney's amazing top hit, blockbuster, superfilm, Frozen.
- The pavilion will include a Frozen meet-and-greet character greeting area
- The Frozen ride will be open early 2016
- There won't be very much space to fit in larger things. The image below is the Maelstrom track during construction as you can see it isn't exactly extremely spacious. But, I know the Imagineers will come up with a genius way to make it all work!